The Solus seat is no longer available as a new lift. Alternative new chairs are the Starla and the Sarum.
Cutting-edge style. Pure and simple.
The striking new Solus is the ultimate in modern stairlift design. With its sleek, minimalist looks, it’s available in a contemporary range of luxurious leather or soft woven fabric finishes.
Contemporary model. Exciting new look.
Our stunning Solus stairlift for curved stairs reveals our refreshingly modern approach to design. So now you can transform your home into one-level living in absolute style.
Developed hand in hand with one of Europe’s leading product design consultancies, the Solus is one of two, new generation curved stairlifts that are as stylish as they are practical.
Design inspiration. Product innovation
With its clean, contemporary lines and minimalist looks, the striking new Stannah Solus makes a real style statement. Upholstered in sleek leather or a super-soft fabric, the Solus comes in a range of cool, neutral colours.
Solus unique features
- Luxurious leather or super-soft woven fabric
- User-friendly tiller-style control
- Easy one-step folding
- Two-way optional powered swivel
- Seat-load sensor
- Easy-to-use retractable lap belt
Solus curved stairlift in use
- When you are not using your stairlift it can be folded flat against the wall, so it’s neat and tidy and not in the way of others wanting to use the stairs. And if you want to keep it safe from children, you can lock it by removing the key cap.
- Unfolding your stairlift couldn’t be simpler thanks to our unique easy one-step folding action. Just lower the stairlift seat, and the arms and footrest simultaneously unfold, so theres no awkward bending down or fiddling about.
- Optional two-way powered seat swivel enables you to get off in the safest, most convenient position at the top and bottom of the stairs. Manual one-way swivel at the top of the stairs is fitted as standard.
- A gentle nudge of the ergonomically designed tiller-style control is all it takes to make your stairlift glide smoothly up or down stairs. And because the stairlift battery continually recharges, the Solus is always ready for use, even in a power cut.
- At the top of the stairs, your stairlift can be swivelled to face the landing allowing you to then get off in complete safety. With the powered swivel option you just keep lightly pressing the tiller control and your stairlift will turn automatically. The manual one-way swivel is fitted as standard at the top of the stairs and is operated by lifting a lever then rotating the seat with your body.
(click on picture for larger image)